Credit Card Support

We've compiled a list of the most common questions to help provide support. Simply click on the individual issue listed below to see a solution. If there is a problem you are experiencing that isn't in this list, please call us toll-free at 1-888-833-3454 or use our contact form.


MasterCard Logo

Looking for Information About the MasterCard® Upgrade?

Learn More

supportProduct / Service Topics

What should I do if my card is lost or stolen?

Call us immediately to report the card’s loss or theft. We will close the account and issue new cards. The Credit Card Division can be reached Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at 1-888-833-3454. After hours, call 1-866-839-3485.

Report a Lost / Stolen Card

Will my credit card work if I am traveling?

If you know you are going to be traveling, contact First Interstate Bank Credit Card Division at 1-888-833-3454 and inform us of the dates and areas of travel and a phone number where you can be reached. If charges appear on your account that are inconsistent with your normal charging behavior, there may be times your card is temporarily disabled as a security procedure to protect against fraud. Before the card is disabled, a Credit Card Representative will try to contact you to validate the charges. In the event we are unable to contact you, the temporary block will be placed on your account. If this happens, contact First Interstate Bank Credit Card Division immediately at 1-888-833-3454 to reactivate the card.

How can I make payments to my card?

First Interstate Bank
PO Box 31615
Billings, MT 59107

Call 1-888-833-3454

How far back can I view my credit card transactions online?

Transactions can be accessed for the last 18 months at Please call 1-888-833-3454 option #3 if you need transaction information prior to the last 18 months. If research is needed contact First Interstate Bank’s Credit Card Division; a $20 per hour research fee will be applied.

Can I view my credit card information online?

Yes. You can view transactions, statements, dispute charges, and make payments online at

Can I pay my bill online?

Yes. There is no charge for using this service. To enroll or make a payment, log on to These features are also available: credit card account summary information, online credit card statement, download data into Quicken or Microsoft Money, transaction and spending reports, and e-mail notifications. For questions on call 1-888-833-3454.

Can I set up an automatic bill pay with my First Interstate Bank credit card?

Yes. Contact the Credit Card Division at 1-888-833-3454 or talk to your local banker to get automatic payments set up. You can also set up automatic payments by accessing your account online at

Find a location

How long does it take payments to post once they are received at the branch?

All credit card payments accepted at a branch will be credited to your account on the same business day the payment is received. Your credit line will be made available within two business days.

Why do I need to activate my new card?

The activation process is a security measure; it lets us know you have safely received your card. When you call to activate a card, you will be required to verify your identity by answering a few questions. This helps to ensure someone else did not take possession of the card.

Can cards be activated before they are received?

No. For security against fraud, credit cards cannot be activated until you receive the card.

What do I do when my card expires?

A replacement card will automatically be sent to you a month before the expiration date. When you receive the new card, cut up the expired card and call 1-800-456-6870 for consumer cards or 1-866-333-4761 for business cards to activate your new card. Activation ensures First Interstate Bank that you have received your card safely. If it is near your expiration date and you have not received your card, call First Interstate Bank Credit Card Division at 1-888-833-3454 to have a replacement card issued. For example, if you card expiration date is 05/12; the card will be valid through the month of May.

How can I get cash with my card?

Cash advances can be made in two ways. You can get cash at any ATM, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When using an ATM, a PIN is required. Cash advances can also be requested and processed at any financial institution. Please review your terms and disclosures regarding fee and rate information.

How can I request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for use at ATMs or cash advances?

A PIN is automatically mailed to you when the account is opened, if you need a replacement PIN or can’t remember your current PIN call 1-888-833-3454. A Customer Service Representative will ask a few questions and process the request. PINs may be requested only by telephone, and must be mailed to the address listed on the account. Standard mailing time is approximately 7 to 10 days.

How can I change my Personal Identification Number (PIN)?

Call 1-866-297-3408. Please note, in order to change your PIN, you need to know your current PIN number.

Can I transfer balances online?

Sorry we cannot accept balance transfers online at this time. Visit your local branch or call the Credit Card Division at 1-888-833-3454 option #3. We will take your balance transfer request over the phone.

Find a location

How long does it take to process a balance transfer to my card?

Including mailing time, the complete process takes 7-10 days. You will need to continue paying on the account until the transfer is complete, to keep it current.

Can I raise the limit on my Secured Card?

Yes. A new Certificate of Deposit will need to be opened for the total requested credit line of the credit card. Limits cannot exceed $3,000.

How do I release a CD from being held for a secured card?

Your banker must send a written request to the Credit Card Division. After the request is approved by the Credit Card Division, the amount owed on the secured card account will be subtracted from the CD and the remainder will be reimbursed to you. The credit card account will then be closed.

How do I add a joint cardholder?

Please have the joint cardholder fill out the joint cardholder section of a consumer application. The applicant only needs to fill out name, address and social security number in the cardholder section. Both the intended joint cardholder and the primary cardholder of the card are to sign the application. Please note on the application that “Joint cardholder is to be added to account ending in XXXX.” Send this application to the Credit Card Division for processing or drop it off at your local branch. The joint cardholder will receive their card 7-10 business days after processing.

How do I add an Authorized User?

Please call the Credit Card Division at 1-888-833-3454 to receive a form. The authorized user will be issued a card in his or her name and receive it in 7-10 business days. Please note: The authorized user will not be responsible for payments on the account, nor will he or she have any authority to make changes on the account.

How do I change my name on my account (due to marriage or divorce)?

Send the Credit Card Division a copy of the marriage license or divorce decree along with a written signed request to have your name changed.

How do I remove a name from my card?

To have an user removed, contact the Credit Card Division. Unfortunately, a joint applicant cannot be removed from an account; the current account must be closed and a new application submitted.

Can more than one person be assigned to a single account number?

Yes. Contact the Credit Card Division to add an authorized user or joint account holder to a consumer account. Business accounts must have a separate account number for each cardholder.

Is there a limit to the number of Points I can earn?

There is no limit to the number of Points you can earn.

Will Points expire?

Points never expire, as long as the account is open and kept current.

How do I redeem my Points?

You can see a complete list of travel, gift card, charity donations, merchandise and local rewards at Rewards may be redeemed online or by telephone at 1-888-216-2893.

What if I have technical problems at

Please contact FirstRewards Customer Service at 1-888-216-2893.

If I report my card lost or stolen and am reissued a new card, will my Points and information be transferred to my new account?

Yes. We will automatically transfer Points and any balances to the new card account. Please keep in mind; you will not be able to access your account online for a few days, while this process is being completed.

Are there restrictions when redeeming my points for air travel?

There are no airline restrictions, blackout dates or advanced noticed required when redeeming points for travel with the FirstRewards program. You can choose the travel itinerary that works for you with airlines that operate in your own community.

Can I view current account opening disclosures?

Yes. You can view current account opening disclosures online.

How do I view past disclosures?

You can request past disclosures by calling the Credit Card Division at 1-888-833-3454. Or you can fill out our online request form and we'll mail the specific disclosures to you.

Contact Form

Online Contact Form

Customer Service