We are dedicated to providing you an accessible website that is viewable in the various technologies you use. Please review our system requirements to ensure your devices meet these requirements.
Online Bill Pay for Business Support
We've compiled a list of the most common questions to help provide support. Simply click on the individual issue listed below to see a solution. If there is a problem you are experiencing that isn't in this list, please call us toll-free at 1-888-833-3450 or use our online contact form.
Product / Service Topics
What is Online Bill Pay for Business?
Online Bill Pay for Business lets you quickly and conveniently pay anyone online that you pay today by check.
- Pay any person or company in the United States, from your leasing company to your office suppliers.
- Schedule repeating payments, such as lease payments.
- Schedule single payments up to one year in advance. The only payments you cannot make through your bill payment service are court-ordered payments and state and federal tax payments.
How does Online Bill Pay for Business work?
There are two basic steps involved in using Online Bill Pay for Business to make online payments:
- Set up your payees.
- Schedule payments.
When you first begin using the service, set up your payee list by adding the payees to whom you want to make payments. Some payees can also send electronic bills (e-bills). You only need to add each payee once. When you make a payment, you specify the date that you want the payee to receive the payment. The earliest available payment date is four business days from today. Online Bill Pay for Business determines whether a payment is sent electronically or by check, based on whether the payee accepts electronic payments and other guidelines. If you are a Level 3 User, you can initiate a payment, which must then be approved by a user of higher authority before the payment can be scheduled and issued. After a payment is scheduled, it appears as Scheduled in Payment Activity. After the payment is processed, the status changes to Processed. The payee receives your payment on the payment date you specified and credits your account.
Note: that there can be a delay between when the payee receives the payment and when the payee credits the payment to your account.
If I haven't signed up for Online Bill Pay for Business, how do I?
To sign up for Online Bill Pay for Business, you must first be enrolled in Business Online Banking, our Internet-based cash management service. Within Business Online Banking, click the 'I-Payables Enrollment' button at the bottom of the screen, and submit a completed enrollment form.
How do I cancel bill payment service?
Contact your local Cash Management Representative. Keep in mind the following:
- Scheduled payments, including repeating payments, are not paid.
- Processing payments are paid.
- You no longer have access to your payment activity and you can no longer send payment inquiries. You should wait until all of your scheduled payments are processed before you cancel your service. If you let your scheduled payments process, then you won't have any outstanding payments that you can't view or inquire about after you cancel your service.
- Your payees are notified to stop sending e-bills. However, it can sometimes take a few days for the payee to process the request. Therefore, until you begin receiving paper bills again you should contact the payee directly about your payment amount and payment due date. Because you can't send your payment using Online Bill Pay for Business after you cancel your service, you should make your payment to the payee by some other means, such as a check.
- If you decide to use Online Bill Pay for Business again, you will have to re-enroll and set up your payee list.
How do I change business information?
It's important to keep your business information (which includes business contact information) up to date so that we can contact you if necessary. To make any changes, please contact your local Cash Management Representative.
What if I made a mistake when I entered my payment account information?
If you made a mistake when typing an account number, routing transit number, or account type, you should add the payment account again using the correct information. Then delete the account with the incorrect information.
Using Online Bill Pay for Business Help
For tips and assistance with Online Bill Pay for Business, try our help! You can find help in the following places:
- Click to open help specific to the page or section you are currently viewing.
- Click Help to open the Help Contents page, which lists the topics available in help.
- Click the Contents button at the top of most help topics to open the Help Contents page.
Tip: You can print a help page by using your browser's print feature.
How secure is my bill payment information?
Online Bill Pay for Business uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- Access ID and Password - Your Access ID and password are unique identifiers that only you know.
- SSL—Online Bill Pay for Business uses SSL (secure sockets layer) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption—Online Bill Pay for Business uses 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out—Online Bill Pay for Business automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined time (usually 10 minutes). It is best if you sign out immediately after you finish your tasks in Online Bill Pay for Business.
What are Terms and Conditions?
The Terms and Conditions are a complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and First Interstate Bank regarding your Online Bill Pay for Business service. The Terms & Conditions document contains information about authorization, liability, and limitation issues when using Online Bill Pay for Business. In the event of a dispute regarding Online Bill Pay for Business, you agree to resolve the dispute by looking to the Terms & Conditions document.
The Terms and Conditions document provides details about the following items:
- Payments that are prohibited.
- Password and security information.
- Your liability if unauthorized transfers occur.
- Errors or questions about your transactions.
- Situations in which your account information can be disclosed to third parties.
- Charges assessed based on services provided.
- Service transactions that are returned.
- Notification requirements for termination or discontinuation of the service.
- Types of payments and limitations on billers.
M-F, 8am-5pm MST
- Contact Form