Work, family, school, community, and somebody needs to walk the dog – busy is an understatement.
If only you could replicate yourself. But until then, First Interstate online banking can make your day-to-day easier. Securely manage your accounts anywhere, anytime, and take advantage of features like online bill pay to gain time, peace of mind, and maybe a dog walker.
The perks of automatic payments
Save time and postage while managing all your bills in one place. Set up one-time or recurring direct electronic payments or schedule physical checks – all from within your Online Banking account.
Using online bill pay can help improve your financial situation in several ways:
- Convenience. Automatically paying bills eliminates the need to write checks manually, visit payment centers, or log in to various websites to make payments. You can pay almost any business or individual – from subscriptions to service providers – as long as they have a United States mailing address or receive mail at a Fleet Post Office or Army Post Office address.
- Avoid late fees. By automating payments, you can avoid late fees and potential damage to your credit score that can result from missed payments. Establish reminders, so you never miss another due date.
- Better budgeting. By automating payments for fixed expenses, such as rent or utilities, you can have a clearer picture of your monthly spending, which makes it easier to budget and save.
- Enhance security. Automated payments reduce your financial paper trail by eliminating paper checks and paper statements and minimizing the risk of mail theft.
- Reduce errors. Minimize the chance of human error, such as incorrect payment amounts or payment dates.
- Save time. Automated payments save time and reduce stress, allowing you to focus on other things.
- Peace of mind. Schedule bill payments in advance and set alerts to confirm when payment is sent and received.
Set it, but don't forget it
Keep in mind that it's important to regularly review your statements and monitor your account to ensure that payments are processed as expected. Remember:
- Prevent overdrafts. Be sure to keep track of your account balance and spending. Anticipate automatic payments to avoid overdrafts and associated fees.
- Plan ahead. If you are trying to switch to a different service provider, you'll need to check your payment schedule to change or cancel any pending payments, then set up automatic payments for your new provider.
Convenience at your fingertips
Setting up one-time or reoccurring payments is easy.
Login to online banking, navigate to "Pay Bills," and click "Options" next to the payee name. Select "Automatic payment" and follow the on-screen prompts. Check out our Online Bill Pay Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Used thoughtfully, online bill pay can be a vital part of your fiscal toolbox – and First Interstate offers even more solutions to help you chart your financial future. Connect with your local banker or visit firstinterstate.com for more information.