Market Interest Account
This select savings account is designed for customers who maintain a higher account balance and want to earn interest on their savings. Enjoy the convenience of managing your account online or experience top-notch customer service when you visit any First Interstate branch. Manage your money the way you want and make your money work for you with our Market Interest Account.
- Earns tiered money market rates (rates subject to change)
- No monthly maintenance fee is charged if $1,000 minimum balance is maintained
- $11 monthly maintenance fee is charged if balance drops below minimum required balance
- Up to five (5) withdrawals per month. Withdrawals made at an ATM, using the Internet or using the automated telephone banking service are not included in the five (5) per month. Any other type of withdrawal will be counted in the five (5), including in-person withdrawals.
- There is an excessive withdrawal fee of $10 if withdrawals exceed five (5) per month. Withdrawals made at an ATM, using the Internet or using the automated telephone banking service are not included in the five (5) per month. Any other type of withdrawal will be counted in the five (5), including in-person withdrawals.
- Federal regulations allow no more than six (6) withdrawals or transfers per month to another account or to a third party if the transactions are pre-authorized or automatic or made by telephone (including data transmission), computer, check, debit card, or similar order (including POS transactions). There is no regulatory limit to the number of withdrawals made in person or at the ATM; however, you may be subject to excessive withdrawal fees. Interest is compounded and paid monthly on the collected balances on all interest-bearing accounts. Interest rates and Annual Percentage Yield are subject to change without notice.
- At First Interstate Bank, we offer a variety of savings plans insured for up to $250,000 by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Open Your Account in a Branch
Stop by any First Interstate Bank branch and one of our bankers will assist you in opening your account.
Open Your Account Online
Opening your account online is easy and secure. The process should only take about 10 minutes. You can track your progress on the gray bar on the left side of your screen, and where you are in the account opening process will be highlighted. When you finish a step, a check mark will appear.
Items and Information You May Need to Open Your Account
- U.S. Social Security number
- A valid form of identification including driver's license, state ID, military ID, tribal ID, or passport
- Previous home address (if you have lived at your current home address less than two years)
- Credit card, debit card, or U.S. checking or savings account to fund your new account(s)
- Access to a printer to print the account agreement at the end of the opening process
Please Note: Your application session will automatically time out if there is no activity for 30 minutes. All information will be lost if this occurs.
*Subject to approval
All Savings accounts require a $100 opening deposit. Interest rates are subject to change.