- Prepaid Cards
- Travel Card
Unlike Traveler's Cheques, with a First Interstate Travel Card, you can enjoy the convenience and security of a normal MasterCard®.
First Interstate Bank Travel Cards provide both convenience and security for travelers. You can use your Travel Cards anywhere MasterCard is accepted and have the flexibility to set your card up with a prepaid balance and reload it as necessary. All transaction and balance information is available online for added convenience.
A Companion Card is also available for traveling companions.
Visit your local branch to arrange for your Travel Cards.
Find a Branch Terms & Conditions
- $6.95 for First Interstate Bank customers
- $9.95 for non-customers
- An inactivity fee of $2.95 will be assessed after 12 months of inactivity
- Fees subject to applicable law
- Other fees may apply
- The maximum amount you can preload on a travel card is $3000
- Travel Cards expire two (2) years from issue date
- Sign your card before using it and keep a record of the card number in a safe place.
- You must keep track of the balance of funds on your Travel Card. The merchant cannot tell you how much money is on your card. You can check your balance by calling 1-800-914-6710. You can also check your balance online at www.myprepaidbalance.com.
- If your card has been lost or stolen, contact customer service by calling 1-800-914-6710.
- When making a purchase, if you swipe your card, enter "credit" or give your card to the cashier and sign the receipt. At point-of-sale, use your card as a signature or PIN based transaction. You may set up your PIN by calling the phone number provided on the back of your card.
- If you wish to use your card for a purchase which is greater than the balance of the funds available on your card, you must tell the cashier to charge only the exact amount of funds available on the card. Then, you must arrange to pay the difference using another payment method.
- It is possible to get a cash advance on a travel card. The fee is $5.00 with a maximum of 3x/day or $1500.
- If you wish to use your card when purchasing gasoline at the pump, a hold will be placed on your funds.
- Restaurants, car rental agencies and hotels may add up to 20% to your transaction amount when requesting authorization.
These cards issued by MetaBank pursuant to a license from MasterCard® International Incorporated.