Starting April 27, all First Interstate Bank debit cardholders will be able to receive fraud alerts via text message. Read the FAQs below for additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Are debit cardholders automatically enrolled to receive fraud alerts via text message?
- A: Yes, all First Interstate Bank debit cardholders will automatically be enrolled to receive fraud alerts via text message.
- Q: I don’t have text messaging services. Can I still receive my fraud alerts via text?
- A: Text messaging is required for this service. If you don’t have text messaging capabilities, you will receive fraud alerts by phone call.
- Q: I would prefer to receive my fraud alerts via email. Is that possible?
- A: Unfortunately, we are not able to send fraud alerts via email at this time.
- Q: I would prefer not to receive text messages. Can I opt out?
- A: Yes, cardholders may opt out of receiving fraud alerts via text message. Instructions to do so are provided in all text messages sent to the cardholder. You may opt out at any time.
- Q: Are there costs to receive my fraud alerts via text message?
- A: For cardholders that have their mobile service through Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint, messages will be sent using “Free To End User” texting. As the name implies, there is no cost to receive text messages from these carriers. Unfortunately, all other mobile carriers do not support “Free To End User” texting. Costs for these texts will be according to your mobile plan.
- Q: Are there costs for responding to a text alert?
- A: The cost of responding to a fraud alert text message will be according to the text message rate detailed in your mobile plan.
- Q: Will I be asked to provide personal information via text message?
- A: No, you will never be asked to text your account number, provide personal identification, such as birthdate or Social Security Number, or other personal information, such as your mother’s maiden name or address, via text.
- Q: I have further questions about this new service. Who can I can contact for additional information?
- A: Please contact our Customer Support Center at 1-855-342-3400, Monday-Friday 7:30am-7pm MST and Saturday 10am-2pm MST.