You've finally decided it's time to buy that new car you've been eyeing on the lot. Before you head down to the car dealer checkout our car buying tips. We've compiled a list of basic car buying tips to help you through the car buying process.
What you need to know:
- Financing - Visit your First Interstate branch to get your automobile financing in order before you head to the dealership. Know your budget and plan your car buying within those parameters.
- Pricing - Research pricing before you’re ready to buy. Refer to Kelley Blue Book and Edmunds for up-to-date pricing information.
- Research the Competition - Check out pricing at the competition (both online and dealer) to make sure you get fair pricing (and so you have support if you want to try to negotiate down the price).
- Take Your Time - If you have an opportunity to go through the car buying process slowly, do so. Taking the time to do your homework will help you make a more educated decision.
- Negotiate! When you’re ready to buy, ask the dealer to give you the bottom line on the price, excluding trade-ins, rebates, sales, etc. but including all applicable fees. It’s better to know the whole story before you’re sitting down to sign the paperwork.