Travel season is upon us! Before you pack your bags and head out of town, we want to remind you of a few key travel tips to consider:
- Help First Interstate Bank protect your accounts by notifying us before you travel. To avoid a disruption in your card use, please let us know the dates and locations of your trip so we can better monitor debit and credit card activity on your accounts. You can notify us by phone or SMS.
Debit or ATM cards: 1-888-752-3332
Credit Cards: 1-888-791-4071
Send a message with our Secure Message System (SMS) available through Online Banking.
- Consider using a travel card, which is a prepaid, reloadable card you can use anywhere MasterCard® is accepted. A companion card is also available.
- Only take the credit cards or travel cards you will use. Leave all other cards at home.
- Research the laws about exchanging money, and, if you need extra money, only use official exchange facilities. Remember that First Interstate offers foreign currency services so you can prepare before you leave.
- You may consider placing a stop or hold on your mail to help protect you against identity theft (an overflowing mailbox may also create the appearance that you're not at home).
- Check the rules and common fees associated with your airline by visiting its website in advance.
- Review what medical services your health insurance covers and consider medical travel insurance.
- Pack a list of emergency phone numbers you may need while you're traveling. This may include numbers for First Interstate, your doctor's office, the U.S. Embassy in the country you're visiting, and your airline.
- If you haven't left your valuables at home, leave them in your hotel safe when you are out and about at your destination. Also leave your passport and any credit cards you don't want to carry safe at the hotel.