From the time Homer Scott, Sr. first purchased the bank in 1968, through its growth in the last four decades, First Interstate Bank has always adhered to a strong set of guiding principles. In formally stating these principles - the Strategic Vision of First Interstate Bank - we are setting forth the relationships we expect to have with our customers, employees, shareholders, and the communities we serve. These relationships are closely integrated; one cannot do well without all the others. As all succeed, each succeeds.
Our Strategic Vision is:
- To provide a range of financial services which meet or exceed market expectations and which sustain, enhance, and/or create our competitive advantage;
- To be recognized as clearly superior to our competitors - in the quality of our service and the satisfaction of our customers' needs;
- To meet the needs of our shareholders - for growth and value creation;
- To exercise business leadership through a highly professional and dedicated team of managers and employees who are able to adapt strategically and dynamically to external change;
- To assist in making our communities a better place to live and work - socially responsible leadership requires nothing less;
- And to nourish a strong and positive corporate culture - one that results in an enlightened, productive work force in which each employee understands the Strategic Vision and is committed to his or her role in achieving it.
In short, our Strategic Vision is to maintain and enhance our leadership in the financial and social fabric of the communities we serve - through a commitment to customer satisfaction, creative management, productive employees, shareholder value, and community involvement.